If you want to increase your ability to track your website or product and at the same time have a reliable tool for collecting data, then we have a suitable solution – a virtual data layer. This article looks at how your marketing can benefit from a data layer.
Data virtualization: data layer in a three-tier software architecture
Virtualization of computing resources is a general trend that is gaining momentum not only in technology but also in telecommunications and other industries. Big data virtualization enables organizations to gain a competitive advantage using predictive, cognitive, real-time, and historical forms of big data analytics. However, due to the increasing volume of data and increasing complexity, companies must employ a wide range of technologies such as data layers, data warehouses, real-time analytics platforms, etc.
The three-tier architecture of the software assumes that the initiator of the request is the so-called “client,” that is, the client application. Therefore, we will refer to the layers of the architecture as “layers,” which is a common term in the IT environment. So, the following layers of a three-level architecture are distinguished:
- The client layer (user interface) is necessary so that different clients can access the business logic uniformly implemented on the server;
- Logic layer (server) – provides the execution of business logic;
- Data layer (database) – provides data storage. The server receives the data and uses it to implement business logic.
So, the goal of a three-tier architecture is to separate the user’s view of the database from its physical view. Reasons for splitting into three levels include:
- Each user should be able to access the same data using their view of it; change their view of the data, which should not affect other users;
- Users do not have to deal directly with the details of the physical storage of data in the database, such as indexing and hashing, i.e., user interaction with the database should not depend on the features of data stored in it;
- Each layer of the architecture interacts only with the neighboring layer; thus, the user interface does not access the database directly – only through the application server.
The role of a virtual data layer
The company, which specializes in information management, advises existing SAP customers to have their data layer for all information no longer operationally processed. The data layer is a data structure that contains information about your website and sends it to other applications, such as web browsers. In other words, it is the part of the network that carries user traffic or data traffic. The data layer processes multiple conversations using multiple protocols. In addition, communication with outside peers is realized. The main goal of using such a technology is to facilitate the implementation of custom tracks. In addition, you can quickly and easily access the data in the data layer structure and use it to optimize your web and app appearance.
Treating the control layer at the software level allows for dynamic access and flexible administration. A network administrator can direct traffic from a central control panel and does not need to touch individual switches. The administrator can change the rules for each network switch should the need arise. It can prioritize, deprioritize or even block certain packet types.